Skip to content
- The spirit of A.A. principles and traditions will be followed at all times.
- Anonymity will be preserved and protected: the complete names of individuals, individual phone numbers, postal and identifying E-Mail addresses will not be displayed on the Website. (Traditions 11 & 12)
- There will be no endorsement or affiliation with non-A.A. entities. (Tradition 6) Autonomy will be respected. The A.A. Preamble will be prominently shown on the Home Page of the Website. The Website will not link to web sites not sponsored by genuine A.A. service entities.
- District 23 Groups will decide for themselves what information will be provided on the Website, as well as the extent of their participation in the District Website activity. (Tradition 4)
- The Home Page will identify the Website’s focus on A.A. within Area 59 District 23, making it clear there is no attempt to speak for A.A. as a whole. A link to the A.A.W.S.’s web site (www.aa.org) will be provided to access general information about A.A.
- Copyrights shall be respected and registered trademarks, when used, should be acknowledged as such. (For example: Alcoholics Anonymous®, A.A.® and The Big Book® are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc. The Grapevine® and AA Grapevine® are registered trademarks of The A.A. Grapevine, Inc.)
- The following types of information are also approved for display on the District 23’s Website; other information is not allowed:
- Group meeting information: type of meeting, time and location. (District 23 only.)
- District meeting time and location.
- Intergroup (S.E.P.I.A) contact information, location and hours of operation.
- Event information (location, time, agenda, registration form, etc.) for the following types of activities, primarily focused on events in Area 59:
* A.A. general service functions (assemblies, conferences, special forums, workshops, etc.).
* Fellowship activities (roundups, speaker meetings, picnics, dances, camp-outs, etc.)
- District Committee reports (elected officer reports, standing committee reports, and District meeting minutes, etc.)
- Links to web sites sponsored by genuine A.A. service entities will be provided as a service to the website user.
Domain Name Registration
- The Website shall be registered to Area 59 District 23 with a domain name of aad23.org.
- The Area 59 District 23 Information Technologies Servant shall be the Administrative Contact for the Website’s domain name.
- The Area 59 District 23 Information Technologies Servant shall be the Billing Contact for the Website’s domain name.
- The Technical Contact shall be the hosting company who maintains the primary domain name server for the District Website.
- The Registration will be held in a private registered account (Tucows Inc.) so that no personal information will be revealed to the general public.
Administration and Maintenance
- The participating group GSR’s, Assigned District 23 Sub committee, DCM and District Information Technologies Servant shall have direct oversight on all matters pertaining to the Website. In some instances this will require access to the Internet. However since Internet access is not a prerequisite for the service position, the DCM may seek help from our fellowship in performing some tasks. Specific responsibilities for the District Information Technologies Servant include, but are not limited to, the following administrative duties:
- Verify the Website adheres to these guidelines and A.A.’s Traditions.
- Ensure website expenses are paid and do not exceed the budget without approval.
- Mediate differences of opinion regarding the information displayed on the website and the services it provides.
- Give website status reports at all District 23 Meetings, and update these website guidelines to reflect the collective conscience of District 23 participating GSR’s.